“If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” – Jim Rohn
As you said goodbye to 2014 and welcomed 2015, did you manifest goals for this year?
Are you wondering how do I make my 2015 goals “stick”?
How can I hold myself accountable for those goals? How do I track my progress towards those goals?
Well lucky for you there are several really neat apps that can help you stay on track with your goals. My clients often tell me that they need simple, easy to use apps that will help them stay on track and not add to their already busy lives.
So here are my 5 apps to keep you on track with your goals:
- GoalsOnTrack – This is one of the most robust goal-setting programs. It allows you to record the goal, the purpose, start date, end date, metrics, sub-goals, habits and action plans. This app allows you to plan hierarchically instead of simply assigning labels and tags. Due dates can sync with Google Calendar and Outlook.
- Lifetick – this app looks at your core values. Once those are defined, you can add the tasks or steps required to achieve the goals. It even provides an activity feed, so you have a date-sequenced journal of all your goal-related activities. Its multiuser functionality allows you to invite others to share your goals and progress.
- GoalEnforcer – is a visual goal planning software that can help you plan, get focused and accomplish goals much faster than any other method. Its innovative interface lets you unleash the power of recursive visual thinking and increase your productivity. You can easily set and rearrange a goal achievement plan by dragging and dropping virtual objects. It includes color coding, status report, and progress chart features for goal tracking. The calendar view can remind you about important due dates, and the new hyper focus view will optimize your attention and keep you on track. Great for home projects, as well as business project management. Keep your family, friends and co-workers updated by sending status report emails, or posting progress charts to web sites.
- Objectiveli – is a web application that manages all your goals and objectives in Real-Time. Objectiveli keeps you and your team focused on your goals by providing unified visibility at all times. It offers you a single place to view and track the progress of your or assigned objectives, eliminating the need for email, spreadsheets and post-it notes. Other nice features include the ability to add files/attachments and its mobile web accessible.
- Basecamp – is considered the benchmark of online project management suites. It allows for all discussions, information-dissemination, scheduling, task-assigning and questions to be tracked in a central location and alongside the project. Users log in with their account details and immediately get the full progress on assigned projects. Further, email alerts let team members know about the status of a project even when they don’t log in. Basecamp does not provide reporting tools to help analyze your data. However, if you are just looking for software to help you keep your tasks organized an on track; Basecamp would be a good choice.
Keep in mind that an app won’t accomplish your goals for you. Take the time to decide what goals are important to you. Commit yourself to completing your goals. Then find an app that “speaks to you”.
Just one final thought: To use an app is a commitment just like accomplishing your goals is a commitment. Make sure you stick with it!